Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Kids Crafts

I took my grandson to a fun lego engineering class today. Afterwards
we went to Chick Fil A on South Blvd, in Charlotte, for a lemonade.


I was pleasantly surprised by one of the employees who asked,
"Are you attending crafts time tonight?" I said I didn't know
about it. She told me every Tuesday, from 5 to 7 pm, Chick Fil A
has crafts for kids.  We stayed.

My grandson had a ball creating a "scratch off" mask. The
mask was already cut out. He used a little stick to scratch out
designs on the mask, revealing a multi-colored background.

I'm aging myself by telling you this. When I was a kid,
we used crayons to color a piece of paper, painted over the colors
with black paint, let it dry, then scratched out designs.
Now you can order ready made craft items that have the multi
color backgrounds, and are already painted black. All the kids
have to do is scratch out their designs. (as they did tonight at Chick Fil A).

My grandson also enjoyed scratching off a small picture, the
size of a postcard, which revealed a hidden picture underneath
(also multi-colored). They had crafts for younger kids too. In
fact a little one 21 months old, came up to the table, and said
she wanted to make something. They had oversized card-
board sunglasses for her to embellish with felt tip pens,
and foam stickers.


This gave me an idea for younger ones to do at home. Buy
a pair of kids sunglasses. Embellish the sunglasses with
tiny foam flower stickers, animals, and letters, so they
can add their names. It's an easy project!

Check out your city, and see if Chick Fil A offers crafts in your
area. It's free!


No comments:

Post a Comment