Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Craft Supplies

I am always on the lookout for art and craft supplies. If
you're like me (always looking for bargains), then
I'm going to share some favorite places to find bargains
on craft supplies.


For repurposing furniture, my favorite "haunts" for
solid wood, good quality furniture pieces are: Goodwill,
Habitat Restores and Salvation Army. Habitat Restores
are also great places for finding striped wallpaper, sewing
patterns, craft supplies, and house paint. I've found
Heat n Bond rolls at the Habitat too!

Dollar Tree stores are a wonderful resource. They carry
popsicle sticks, glue sticks, foam board, poster board,
glue, scissors, sketch pads, construction paper, crayolas,
and more! All for $1 each. You can't beat that!

Hancock Fabrics have many craft supplies.
They carry my favorite leather glue: Fabri Tac Permanent
Adhesive leather glue. The clearance area in back
of the store has remnant fabric pieces for good
discounts. Hancock's, is a great place to buy Heat n
Bond fabric adhesive, (which I use often) for my
fabric craft projets. I like Heat n Bond because
it prevents the edges of fabrics from unraveling.

Michaels and Hobby Lobby are great sources for
supplies. I prefer Hobby Lobby for acrylic paints,
because they often have sales where the paints
are discounted.

I find bargains at estate sales, garage sales, and
upholstery supply stores. The cardboard tack
strips (which I use in many projects) can be
found at upholstery supply stores online
as well. (You get better prices when you
can buy a roll rather than the individual pieces).

Some local fabric stores have great deals
on fabrics, and upholstery supplies which are
often used in craft projects. Check you local
listings. I know of a store outside of
Charlotte where leather remnants sell for
a huge discount.

I hope these sources are helpful.

Fuego







No comments:

Post a Comment