Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Kids Cardboard crafts

Kids love to play, and crafts can part of that fun.
My grandson asked me to make a "hideaway" for him. We went
to a furniture store, and got 3 large empty boxes for free, and
brought them home.


I cut the cardboard boxes into "walls". Then I cut out the front
of a house, with a door and windows. I cut a separate part for the
upper front wall, shaped like the roof, with a window. We taped
the back side of the upper wall to the backside front wall, with
duct tape.

I realized, that the walls I cut out, were going to make a cardboard house
5 feet by 5 feet, which is too large for our house, so we used only

the front wall. Painting the front of the house is fun and messy. We
put newspapers down over the area where we worked. We painted
the front door, the wall, and roof with details around the bricks,
stones and wooden door.

I cut out rectangles 12 inches by 18 inches, from the left over cardboard.
We painted these rectangles to look like pictures, to hang inside
the cardboard cottage, This is another easy and and affordable project.


Now where to put this hideaway?

We placed the front wall, and door, over an opening
that leads to a small work area in the house. I had to bend
the sides of the cardboard back a little, so the front of the house
would fit in the door opening.


The space behind this new entrance, is now dedicated to my
grandson's hideout. he enjoys being able to sit by the window,
hide from us, and play with his friends there. Inside is a
window, so I put a chair next to the window, and added
a light on the wall.


Using recycled cardboard is a great way to make affordable
crafts for kids!


Buy Easy Crafts on a Budget for Kids 4 to 104 here:
http://www.amazon.com/Easy-Crafts-Budget-Kids-Volume/dp/0615640826








No comments:

Post a Comment