Friday, October 11, 2013

Make a Halloween Poster with Your Kids

I especially enjoy making Halloween paper decorations. For a fun afternoon paper craft project,
how about creating a Halloween poster? I know you can buy all kinds of inexpensive
decorations at your local dollar store. Isn't it much more fun to paint something with the kids?

For the Halloween poster below, I drew a simple scene with a haunted house and ghosts inhabiting it, twisted trees, a witch flying in front of the full moon, bats, and the word "boo". I sketched the design on brown wrapping paper, the kind you use for wrapping packages. I had my grandson help paint
the scene in flourescent paints. After painting the design, we outlined the house, windows, door, and
bats with black paint. Add a black light, and you've got a unique Halloween painting!

Copyright 2013 Fuego Phoenix. All Rights Reserved.

You could use poster board, or watercolor paper as well.

For more creative kids ideas, buy Easy Crafts on a Budget for Kids 4 to 104 here

No comments:

Post a Comment